Estimated reading time: 1 minute(s)
Have you ever wanted to paint on leather but didn't know how? Maybe you want to perk up a bag or case you already have.
Look no further, I made a tutorial for you where you can see how I paint a keel-billed toucan on a leather kindle sleeve I made.
Together we will learn
- Materials needed (list of options below)
- Preparing files for print
- Transferring your design to leather
- Testing the paints on the leather
- Painting your designs
- Leather varnishing options
Should you create this project, make sure to tag me @taniarosasdesigns on Instagram so I can admire your beautiful creations!
Enjoy the video!
Material list options
In case you are having trouble finding the materials, here is a list of options:
- Golden Acrylic Paint Set
- Transfer Paper: https://amzn.to/2WWXvpt
- Masking tape: https://amzn.to/3fwExfC
- Brushes: https://amzn.to/3jlfPQF
- Varnish options: Varnish specific for leather: https://amzn.to/3fs3rx5 or acrylic paint varnish: https://amzn.to/3lvNfP6
Optional to sew case & print:
- Thread: https://amzn.to/3lEqMzg (make sure to check what thread sizes your sewing machine is compatible with)
- Leather knife: https://amzn.to/35JNZHk
- Metal corner ruler: https://amzn.to/3gWxe0G
- Scrap leather: https://amzn.to/3zGrrVA
- Printer I used: https://amzn.to/3ywtpXS (any basic printer will do!)
This little toucan is no longer available but this cute red-eyed frog is. Collect it to get a new tropical companion!