"Snakes in Mola" Casual T-Shirt
Mola is a traditional art form from the Guna people, the biggest indigenous group from Panama. Originating as body painting, today the Guna women use a reverse applique technique to create colourful layered iconic fabrics. These mostly depict geometrical shapes, animals and flowers.
With St. Patrick's Day 2021 on 17th March around the corner, the idea was born to create a MicroCosm Flavours by combining a representation of Ireland's Patron Saint as a Mola inspired artwork.
Legend says that St. Patrick got rid of all snakes in Ireland. They are a metaphor for evil since there are no snakes native to Ireland.
At the same time, when creating a Mola the goal is to leave as few gaps as possible because it is believed that evil spirits can settle in the free spaces.
In biblical terms, snakes are often portrayed symbolically as evil. We added a twist to our artwork. The snakes fill the gaps in the mola artwork, making them what keeps evil away!
The colours chosen are both traditional in the Panamanian Molas and also seen in the Irish flag.
Learn more about the Gunas via their official sites: https://www.gunayala.org.pa/.
- Comfortable 1x1 ribbed and round neck collar t-shirt
- Has set-in sleeves
- Has inside back neck tape in self fabric
- Buttery-soft 100% Organic ring-spun combed cotton
- Supports a healthier lifestyle for organic cotton farmers and benefiting the ecosystems
- Has the "Global Organic Textile Standard" label (Read more here)
- Cold machine wash (max 30 ° or 90 ° F)
- Wash with similar colours, do not iron on the design, wash and iron on the wrong side.
We endeavour to ensure that all images are as close to the true colour as possible, however, variation is to be expected based on your monitor or screen settings.
Shipping & Returns
Shipping is calculated at checkout.
All of our products are made to order. Your goodies will be crafted just for you when we receive your order.
Find out which countries we deliver to and more on our Shipping Policy.
There is a 30-day return policy to request a return or exchange. See details: Return Policy.