"Snakes in Mola" Hoodie Dress
Mola is a traditional art form from the Guna people, the biggest indigenous group from Panama. Originating as body painting, today the Guna women use a reverse applique technique to create colourful layered iconic fabrics. These mostly depict geometrical shapes, animals and flowers.
With St. Patrick's Day 2021 on 17th March around the corner, the idea was born to create a MicroCosm Flavours by combining a representation of Ireland's Patron Saint as a Mola inspired artwork.
Legend says that St. Patrick got rid of all snakes in Ireland. They are a metaphor for evil since there are no snakes native to Ireland.
At the same time, when creating a Mola the goal is to leave as few gaps as possible because it is believed that evil spirits can settle in the free spaces.
In biblical terms, snakes are often portrayed symbolically as evil. We added a twist to our artwork. The snakes fill the gaps in the mola artwork, making them what keeps evil away!
The colours chosen are both traditional in the Panamanian Molas and also seen in the Irish flag.
Learn more about the Gunas via their official sites: https://www.gunayala.org.pa/.
- Buttery-soft 85% Organic ring-spun Combed Cotton, 15% Recycled Polyester
- Supports a healthier lifestyle for organic cotton farmers, benefiting the ecosystems and reducing waste
- 300 G/M²
- Double layered hood in self-fabric
- Round drawcords in matching body colour with metal tipping
- Metal eyelets
- Single needle topstitch at neckline and along with hood opening
- Kangaroo pocket at front
- Slits at side seam
- The printing method used to add the design to the apparel is direct-to-garment printing.
- Cold machine wash (max 30 ° or 90 ° F)
- Wash with similar colours, do not iron on the design, wash and iron on the wrong side.
We endeavour to ensure that all images are as close to the true colour as possible, however, variation is to be expected based on your monitor or screen settings.
Shipping & Returns
Shipping is calculated at checkout.
All of our products are made to order. Your goodies will be crafted just for you when we receive your order.
Find out which countries we deliver to and more on our Shipping Policy.
There is a 30-day return policy to request a return or exchange. See details: Return Policy.