"Eirat" Art Print
"Eirat" is a MicroCosm Flavours that combines the cultures of India and Ireland. Can you recognize the flavours?
To showcase India, we have the Indian Goddess Saraswati. She is the Goddess of knowledge, music, art, speech, wisdom and learning. To display Irish culture, I have chosen various Irish Instruments and iconic items.
Here is how I've mixed the flavours:
- The Goddess Saraswati sitting on a shamrock instead of a lotus flower
- She is playing an Irish Mandolin instead of a Sitar
- On her left, she holds an Irish flute instead of a string of beads
The wall and shape in the background are inspired by the impressive Indo-Islamic architecture of "Qutb Shahi Heritage Park"
- On her right side, she holds a paintbrush to showcase art and creativity
- Conveniently, the colours of India and Ireland are the same: Green, white and orange which you see throughout her clothing
- The swan is a representation of both cultures. In India, it is also known as "Hamsa" which is the vehicle of Goddess Saraswati and stands for knowledge and self-realization. In Ireland, there is a legend called "Children of Lir" that is represented through swans.
- The name Eirat is a mixture of each country in the native/ancient language which would be “Eire” for Ireland in Gaelic and “Bharat” for India in Sanskrit.
This artwork was inspired by India Day in Ireland which celebrates the friendship between these countries. Continue the celebrations with this artwork!
Watch how I drew this illustration here.
Sizes: A4: 297x210 mm | A3: 420x297 mm | A2: 594x420 mm | A1: 841x594 mm
Custom sizes are available upon request.
Paper and print details:
- Museum-quality matte paper
- Giclée printing quality
- Printed on a thick 250 g/m2 paper
- Has Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) Label and follows high environmental and social standards
This product comes unframed.
Disclaimer: We endeavour to ensure that all images are as close to the true colour as possible, however, variation is expected based on your monitor or screen settings.
Shipping & Returns
Shipping is calculated at checkout.
All of our products are made to order. Your goodies will be crafted just for you when we receive your order.
Find out which countries we deliver to and more on our Shipping Policy.
There is a 30-day return policy to request a return or exchange. See details: Return Policy.